Fire damages loft
THE loft of a house in Eastville was badly damaged in a fire.
Avon Fire and Rescue Service said crews from five different fire stations were called to deal with the blaze in Narroways Road, above.
It needed eight firefighters wearing breathing apparatus to tackle the fire, using high-pressure hoses and jets, before clearing the smoke and checking for hotspots with a thermal imaging camera.
The fire, which is believed to have started accidentally, was discovered on the evening of September 13.