House in Hillfields damaged as decking catches fire

April 27 2020
House in Hillfields damaged as decking catches fire

FIREFIGHTERS say a fire which damaged a house in Hillfields was caused when decking caught fire.

Crews from Temple and Bedminster fire stations were called to Hillfields Avenue shortly after 7.30am on Thursday of last week and found the decking ablaze.

The back of the house was also damaged in the fire, which was extinguished by the firefighters using a hose.

An Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said the fire is believed to have started accidentally.