Man taken to hospital after chemical mix-up

November 02 2018

A MAN was taken to hospital after accidentally mixing up chemicals while cleaning his bathroom.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service said the chemicals reacted in a sink at a house in Reedling Close, Stapleton, on the morning of October 3.

An ambulance crew was called and took the man to hospital for treatment, as two fire crews dealt with the chemicals.

Fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the bathroom and cleared the fumes using a positive pressure ventilation fan, also washing away the remaining chemicals.

They then took samples of the air and monitored them to ensure the area was safe, before offering safety advice to neighbours.