Woman rescued from blaze

November 29 2018

A 92-YEAR-old woman was rescued from her home after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

The pensioner was in a house in Queensholm Drive, Downend, when the fire broke out.

Avon Fire and Rescue said the woman was brought out of her home before crews arrived.

She and two men needed treatment for smoke inhalation from ambulance crews called to the semi-detached house.

A fire service spokesman said the fire broke out accidentally and a 999 call was made at around 2.50pm on November 1.

Crews from Kingswood and Temple fire stations were called to the scene and went into the house in breathing apparatus to put out the blaze, before clearing the smoke from the building.

The fire service asks residents who need on kitchen safety advice to visit